The “Queen of Herbs,” popularly known as Tulsi or Holy Basil, is one of the most sacred herbs of India which is used in many ayurvedic formulations due to its tremendous health benefits.
Tulsi Tea is one of the drinks that helps in curing stress as well as in losing weight. This one drink comes loaded with numerous health benefits and helps in curing various diseases.
Tulsi Tea Benefits
- Tulsi Tea is abundant in antioxidants called catechins that help in improving metabolism and simultaneously in weight loss.
- It helps in decreasing cancer risk, primarily oral and cervical cancer, due to its anti-inflammatory and immunomodulatory properties.
- Its anti-microbial properties help in treating mild fever conditions, and aids in accelerating recovery from infectious fevers like dengue and malaria.
- It also helps the body in fighting free radicals, slow DNA damage, and aging, etc.
According to a study ‘ Tulsi (Ocimum sanctum Linn) has been found to protect organs and tissues against chemical stress from industrial pollutants and heavy metals, and physical stress from prolonged physical exertion, ischemia, physical restraint and exposure to cold and excessive noise and counter metabolic stress through normalization of blood glucose, blood pressure, and lipid levels, and psychological stress through positive effects on memory and cognitive function and through its anxiolytic and anti-depressant properties.
- It makes you feel relaxed and fights stress and anxiety by maintaining the normal levels of cortisol (Stress Hormone) in the body.
- Tea prepared from Holy Basil helps in reducing the bad cholesterol levels (LDL) by preventing the deposition of cholesterol in the blood vessels and promotes a free flow of blood and helps in regulating the blood pressure. It is also known to improve the ratio of good cholesterol to bad cholesterol.
- Tulsi contains Disease-Fighting antioxidants that fight free-radicals and keep you healthy, and your skin glowing.
- It helps in alkalizing the body & improves digestion.
- It helps in detoxifying the body and aids in flushing toxins out of the body.
- It helps in maintaining healthy skin and shiny hair.
- Due to its adaptogenic properties, Tulsi (Holy Basil) nourishes the nervous system and helps to relieve stress.
- Holy Basil tea is anti-carcinogenic and helps to prevent and treat some forms of cancer.
- Tulsi Tea boosts your energy levels and combats low metabolism and fatigue.
Tulsi plant can easily be grown at home and regular consumption of tulsi tea may be considered excellent for health due to the powerful and adaptogenic properties. It nourishes the body and mind while fostering a sense of relaxation and overall well-being.