Anything that you eat or drink can range from very acidic to very alkaline where alkaline is good for your health and the acidic food is the worse. In this article, we will share the Acidity and Alkalinity of Common Foods via Alkaline Diet List as per its pH Scale.
Remember, some foods are slightly acidic but have an alkalizing effect on the body when they are digested, for example, Lemons.
To be precise Alkaline foods are anti-aging foods whereas Acidic foods can alter the body’s pH balance and promote various life-threatening diseases including cancer. Studies suggest cancer cells thrive in an acidic (low pH) environment, but cannot survive in alkaline (high pH) base.
List of Alkaline Foods
- PH 9.0 – (Very Alkaline diet) Lemons, Watermelon
- PH 8.5 – Cayenne, Celery, Dates, Figs, Kelp, Kudzu Root, Limes, Mango, Melons, Papaya, Parsley, Seaweeds, Seedless Grapes, Watercress, Seaweed, Asparagus, Endive, Fruit Juices, Grapes, Kiwifruit, Pears, Pineapple, Raisins, Vegetable Juices
- PH 8.0 – Apples, Alfalfa Sprouts, Apricots, Avocados, Bananas, Currants, Dates, Figs, Garlic, Grapefruit, Grapes, Guavas, Herbs, Lettuce, Nectarine, Peaches, Pears, Peas, Pumpkin, Sea Salt
- PH 7 – Apples, Beans, Beets, Bell Peppers, Broccoli, Cabbage, Carob, Cauliflower, Ginger, Grapes, Lettuce, Oranges, Peaches, Potatoes, Pumpkin, Raspberries, Strawberries, Squash, Sweet Corn, Apple Cider Vinegar
- PH 7.0 – 7.25 – Almonds, Artichokes , Brussels Sprouts, Cherries, Coconut, Cucumbers, Eggplant, Honey, Leeks, Mushrooms, Okra, Olives , Onions, Pickles , Radishes, Sea Salt, Spices, Tomatoes , Vinegar, Chestnuts , Egg Yolks , Goat’s Milk and Whey, Mayonnaise , Olive Oil, Sesame Seeds , Soy Beans, Soy Cheese, Soy Milk, Sprouted Grains, Tofu, Tomatoes
- PH 7.0 – Butter, Cream, Cow’s Milk, Oils (except olive), Yogurt
- PH 6.75 – 7.0 – Barley malt syrup, Barley, Bran, Cashews, Cereals , Cornmeal, Cranberries, Fructose, Honey , Lentils, Macadamias, Maple syrup , Milk and most processed dairy products, Molasses, Nutmeg, Mustard, Pistachios, Popcorn & butter , Rice or wheat crackers, Rye , Rye bread, Seeds , Walnuts, Blueberries, Brazil nuts, Butter , Cheeses , Crackers , Dried beans, pinto, kidney, garbanzo, Dry coconut, Egg whites, Goats milk , Olives , Pecans, Plums, Prunes, Spelt
- PH 6.5 – Bananas, Buckwheat, Cheeses, Corn & rice bread, Egg whole, Ketchup, Mayonnaise, Oats, Whole Grain Pasta, Pastry, Peanuts, Potatoes), Popcorn, Rice (basmati), Rice, Soy sauce, Tapioca, Wheat bread
- PH 6.0 – Fish, Fruit juices with sugar, Maple syrup, Molasses, Bread of corn, oats, rice & rye, Cereals, Shellfish, Wheat germ, Whole Wheat foods, Wine, Yogurt (sweetened)
- PH 5.5 or less (Very Acidic diet) – Artificial sweeteners, Beef, Carbonated soft drinks & fizzy drinks, Sugary cereals, Cigarettes (tailor made), Drugs, Flour , Goat, Lamb, Pastries & cakes from white flour, Pork, White Sugar, Beer, Brown sugar, Chicken, Deer, Chocolate, Coffee, Custard , Jams, Jellies, Liquor, Pasta (white), Rabbit, Semolina, Table salt refined & iodized, Tea black, Turkey, Wheat bread, White rice, White vinegar, Wine
To Sum it up
When your body is in an alkaline state, you are less likely to suffer from cancer and other chronic health conditions. The foods and drinks (beverages) you consume daily have a direct impact on the acid and alkaline balance in your body. This balance is measured by determining your pH value.
Your body is considered healthy and alkaline if you have a pH level of 7.0 or above.