Apples are great for Health, but most of us are not aware that compared with Apples, Bananas have 2 times the Carbs, 3 times the Phosphorus, 4 times the Protein, 5 times the Vitamin A, 2 times the other Minerals and Vitamins and are an abundant source of Potassium and Iron.
They are not just delicious they are healthy too and like Apples are loaded with vital nutrients that can keep us physically fit and active throughout the day.
One serving of a medium sized Banana, approximately 125 grams consists of about 110 calories, 30 grams of Carbohydrates and 1 gram of Protein.
They are naturally devoid of fat, cholesterol, and salt and a rich source of Dietary Fiber– Isn’t it great for people who want to maintain a healthy weight without many efforts!
Banana Nutritional Value (Approx. 125 grams)
Banana’s are amongst the best anti-aging foods as they are abundant in essential Vitamins, Minerals, and Micronutrients; a regular medium sized fruit contains approximately:
- 5 mg – Vitamin B6
- 3 mg – Manganese
- 9 mg – Vitamin C
- 450 mg – Potassium
- 3 gm – Dietary Fiber
- 1 gm – Protein
- 34 mg – Magnesium
- 25.0 mcg – Folate
- 1 mg – Riboflavin
- 8mg – Niacin
- 81 IU – Vitamin A
- 3 mg – Iron
38 Amazing Banana Nutrition Facts
- Bananas assist in keeping anxiety at bay as they are abundant in tryptophan, which becomes serotonin which further enhances your mood and state of mind.
- Consuming them before a work out will boost your energy levels immensely and will help you to stay aligned with the best fitness regimen.
- Rich source of Potassium and are known to prevent and relieve muscle cramps.
- They make our bones and teeth healthier and stronger as they are a loaded with Calcium and essential B vitamins.
- They act as a fantastic remedy when it comes to getting instant relief from menstrual cramps.
- Research studies have revealed that Bananas are capable of maintaining healthy blood pressure and fighting cancer.
- An abundant source of dietary fiber and aid in maintaining a healthy digestive system by facilitating a healthy bowel movement.
- Cure constipation, acidity and stomach ulcers by soothing the stomach lining.
- Proven to prevent macular degeneration.
- They are high in iron and increase the production of hemoglobin in the blood which helps in combating Anemia.
- Due to high Potassium content, they act as an instant energy booster and help to fight debility, fatigue and improves brain functions.
- Possess antacid properties and can offer immediate relief for heartburn and acid reflux.
- Consuming a banana in between meals helps to regulate your blood sugar level levels from plummeting.
- Planning to Quit Smoking? Make this amazing healthy fruit a part of your diet plan as they are power packed with vitamin B6, B12, potassium, and magnesium which assist the body to recuperate from nicotine withdrawal symptoms.
- Made up of carbohydrates, unripe bananas include the right amount of resistant starch, which is a kind of dietary starch that is known to promote colon health. ((Acute ingestion of resistant starch reduces food intake in healthy adults.))
- They are great for heart health due to their high quantity of Potassium and antioxidants.
- Based on research, they can cut the danger of strokes by almost 40 percent.
- They consist of a lot of antioxidants, consisting of dopamine and catechins which lower the risks of cardiovascular disease and degenerative diseases
- Delphinidin, an antioxidant found in this fruit have anti-tumor and anticancer properties.
- As an excellent dietary source of potassium, they aid in healthy kidney functions and reduce the risk of Kidney stones.
- Eliminate a wart by rubbing and putting the banana peel over the Warts. Leave it overnight and apply a plaster. Repeat till Warts are gone!
- Vitamin B6 from bananas is quickly soaked up by your body, and a medium-sized fruit can supply about a quarter of your day-to-day vitamin B6 requirements.
- A medium-sized fruit will offer around 320-400 mg of Potassium, which satisfies about 10% of your day-to-day potassium requirements.
- one banana will offer about 10-12% of your daily fiber requirements.
- You might not associate this fruit with vitamin C. However; a medium-sized fruit will offer about 10% of your daily vitamin C requirements.
- They assist you to handle your weight much better as by consuming them; you remain full for longer.
- They offer you Instant energy minus the fats and cholesterol.
- Consisting of 3 natural sugars and are perfect for kids and professional athletes.
- They can help to fight anxiety, make you smarter, treat hangovers, alleviate early morning illness, safeguard versus kidney cancer, diabetes, osteoporosis, and loss of sight.
- Consume two bananas before a laborious exercise to load an energy punch and sustain your blood sugar level.
- Neutralize calcium loss throughout urination and develop strong bones by supplementing with a banana.
- Enhance your state of mind and decrease PMS signs by consuming a banana, which controls blood glucose and produces stress-relieving relaxation.
- Function as Prebiotics, promoting the development of friendly bacteria in the gut and produce gastrointestinal enzymes to help the uptake of nutrients.
- Calming to the digestion system, and aid brings back lost electrolytes after diarrhea.
- They make you smarter and boost mental alertness Immensely.
- Rubbing its peel on bug bite or hives to eliminate itching and inflammation.
- Consuming this fruit can decrease the body temperature on a hot sunny day.
- The natural mood-enhancer tryptophan found in Bananas helps to alleviate Seasonal depression – SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder).
Banana’s will give you more energy, improved digestion and even improve the way you look and feel. So there you have it – 38 great reasons to pick up a bunch of bananas the next time you’re out getting groceries.