Many myths are linked to the dreaded disease, and we are sharing with you some of the significant cancer facts and truths that every one of us should be aware of in the modern age.
A medical diagnosis of cancer can be extremely frightening and disturbing, and the best way to conquer this fear is through greater understanding of the disease, its primary causes, its treatment options and effects.
27 Cancer Facts You Should Be Aware Of
- Cancer can be of various forms and types. More than 200 types of them have been identified to date, but the most common types are Bladder, Lung, Breast, Colorectal, Endometrial, Kidney, Leukemia, Liver, Melanoma, Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma, Pancreatic, Prostate, and Thyroid Cancer.
- Cancer is treatable if detected and treated in early stages but due to its overall effects on the body it has a terrifying reputation, and not only this illness makes you suffer from its common symptoms, the conventional treatment too, causes many side-effects.
- If not treated on time it spreads in the body as cancer cells multiply at a faster pace and destroy tissues when the affected cells travel through the bloodstream or the lymphatic system.
- The death rate in this disease depends on its type and where it develops. Among all forms, lung cancer is the greatest killer; the death rate in it is very high, causing as much as 3 million deaths every year.
- As per studies, the most common type of cancer is of the breast, colorectal and Melanoma (Skin).
- Curcumin has been the most researched cancer-fighting compound, which is only found in Turmeric and Cow Urine (Gomutra) and has been shown to ward off the side-effects and enhance the effects of its treatment.
- Our body consists of billions of cells, and the activities of these cells are managed by our DNA. Cells grow, multiply, die and regenerate every second unless they become cancerous. These cells ignore your body’s commands and keep multiplying without restraint. They hinder the normal activities of our internal organs and invade adjoining tissues. That’s the reason behind why it spreads so fast in the body. It can take months to years to spread its reach and show its adverse signs.
- The specific form of cancer is identified and categorized according to the tissues and area it has affected, and the conventional treatments include radiation therapy, surgery, chemotherapy and Hormone therapy.
- Many times official statistics state that “cancer” was the cause of death, but some studies suggest that the majority of people who die from it die from the side-effects of conventional treatments including chemotherapy, radiation, surgery and Hormone therapy. This is a debatable statement and may or may not be accurate and further research is required in this area to ascertain the truth.
- Earlier it was considered that Cancer commonly develops among older people and more than 80% of the diagnosis is found among individuals who are 50 and older. The latest trends show that due to the increase in environmental toxins all age groups are getting affected in almost equal ratios.
- A study suggests that due to advancements in the medical field and identification of certain Alternative medicines and therapies for the treatment of Cancer by 2024, the estimated number of survivors will go up to 19 million.
- Tobacco is considered one of the greatest risk factors and more than 80% of lung cancer deaths can be linked to tobacco consumption.
- Obesity is also considered a major risk factor which can trigger this life-threatening disease. As estimated by the WCRF, one-quarter to one-third of all cancers in the United States can be linked to a diet that includes processed foods and carbonated drinks and artificial sweeteners, limited physical activity, and being over-weight.
- Lifestyle changes and a healthy diet with appropriate health supplements including essential vitamins and minerals, especially vitamin D and vitamin B12 can help decrease a person’s risk of cancer and other chronic diseases.
- The best anticancer foods are the ones who possess preventive and curative properties and are rich in vital nutrients and antioxidants. Here is the list of most researched foods, Herbs, and spices that may help to prevent and fight all types of Cancers.
- Leafy Green Vegetables and Brightly Orange-Colored Fruits and Veggies
- Cruciferous Vegetables
- Organic Herbs and Spices
- Organic Meats
- Dairy Products and Probiotics
- Seeds and Nuts
- Wheatgrass (Anticancer Superfood)
- Moringa – The Miracle Superfood
- Papaya Fruit and Leaves
- Limiting alcohol consumption and sugar intake can help reduce the chances of developing this disease.
- Sugar is not directly linked to cancer. All our body cells, including cancerous cells, depend on blood glucose (sugar) for energy. By feeding more sugar to affected cells, we increase our chances of getting obese and diabetic, which may further increase the risk of getting affected by this health condition.
- This disease can affect and begin in almost any part of the body and is not gender specific Breast cancer is considered to be the most common form of cancer among women, but men are also susceptible to it.
- Like humans, animals are also susceptible to various types of cancers and non-vegetarians should keep a strict check on the quality of the meat they consume. It is advised to minimize the intake of processed junk food that contains meat and go for organically raised options.
- In recent years we have seen survivors who have cured themselves entirely by adopting an anticancer regimen; which includes a healthy diet, Yoga, Meditation, Alternative and Herbal medicines, therapies and of course a positive perspective and strong willpower to overcome the disease.
- B17, Amygdalin or Laetrile a human-derived synthetic formula and being given the name of a Vitamin is one of the most controversial subjects in ´Alternative medicine´ to treat cancer. FDA has not approved laetrile for any use in the United States. Some users suggest that using laetrile helps in boosting overall immunity and flush toxins from the body whereas any statement related to Vitamin B-17 needs detailed research before its legal usage approval. Laterite is said to be found in seeds of apricots, peaches, and almonds.
- Foods that are intensively microwaved, heated, smoked or salted increase the risk of cancer. Even using plastic utensils to heat food in microwaves is not advisable.
- Researchers believe that shortly more than half of all cancers will be potentially preventable with the modern development in the field of science and medicine and usage of alternative medicine and methods.
– Let’s us all pray for a miracle cure for this dreaded disease ASAP.
- Human papillomavirus (HPV) infection is the most common sexually transmitted viral infection and if not treated or controlled can lead to cervical cancer. Although it is the causative agent, most people who are infected do not develop this disease.
- A data-driven suggests that there are 28 million people who survived this disease worldwide and that many types of cancers have declined in recent years.
- Many Melanoma cases could be prevented by protecting the skin from overexposure to sunlight by using a good sunscreen or natural oils like coconut oils that have natural sunscreen properties.
- Usage of refined oils in the modern age has come out to be a major cancer-causing culprit. Choosing healthy fats like Olive, Coconut, Flaxseed and Sesame oil is a viable option.
Apart from these facts as I said earlier, the most powerful way to prevent yourself from this dreaded disease and to fight it you must adopt Healthy lifestyle changes that will efficiently minimize your risk and survival rate from this unwelcomed disease.