Snoring is often a sign of an unhealthy respiratory track. The noises produced are actually due to some clog in the airways. When something obstructs the passages, abnormalities in breathing occur.
Some might be snore-free after their seasonal allergies are gone, while others snore regardless if they have nasal problems or not.
Before you take any medicine or go under any complicated medical treatment, try effective natural remedies for a good night’s sleep.
14 Natural Snoring Remedies and Aids
- The most simple remedy is to lie on your side while sleeping.
- Colds medicines and sedatives activate snoring, so it’s best to prevent these.
- Another good house solution is to sleep on two pillows instead of one.
- Breathing steam from hot water is a natural home remedy for snoring that is also excellent for relaxing and opening the nasal passages and enhancing breathing.
- Another effective home remedy is weight reduction. A combination of diet plan and workout will not only assist you to drop weight and minimize the chances of heavy breathing but will also promote a healthier way of life in general.
- Heavy eating is the leading cause of this health issue, so consider eating light, less oily food.
- Avoid consuming alcohol for at least two hours before going to bed. Alcohol can artificially relax the throat muscles, triggering this health condition.
- Take Peppermint post-dinner; it helps to soothe the swelling of the membranes present in the linings of the nostrils and throat and is useful for curing temporary snoring caused by seasonal allergies.
- Ghee is an excellent natural remedy! Warm a teaspoon of ghee and use a dropper to put 3 to 4 drops of the ghee in each nostril.
- Eat Cardamom or jaggery post dinner as it is one of the time-tested sleep apnea cures that help to open up blocked nasal passages.
- Turmeric is favorite Indian Spice that has powerful antiseptic and antibiotic properties and also one of the proven sleep apnea home remedy that treats inflammation of the nasal passage.
- Honey is also beneficial for getting relief from snoring. It lubricates the throat and reduces swelling in the throat region.
- Quit smoking as specific compounds in tobacco smoke act as a muscle relaxant and relax the tissues in your throat, making it expand and blocking off the airways.
- Practice Pranayam (Anulom-Vilom). Yoga helps to increase your control over breathing and enhance oxygen intake. It promotes blood circulation and efficiently eliminates snoring.
We hope these snoring remedies help you in getting back on track with a restful, snore-free sleep.